- The project must be located in Ireland.
- The project must be complete. However, the project need not be newly constructed or newly initiated.
- The project must demonstrate a high standard of excellence in design, planning, construction, economics and management.
- The project must demonstrate relevance to the contemporary and future needs of the community in which it is located.
- The project must be publicly accessible, free of charge and provide benefit for the community in which it is located.
- The project must provide lessons, strategies, and techniques that could be used or adapted in other communities.
Those submitting applications may be contacted by the jury to obtain further information or to get clarification on certain items. If the submission advances to finalist status, at least one jury member will schedule and conduct a site visit to verify and possibly to expand upon all submitted information.
Shortlisting and judging will be completed by August 2020 with winners announced at an event in September 2020.
There will be a prize for the best community project and the best private/public sector project in each of the five category locations – (Dublin, Rest of Leinster, Munster, Connaught and Ulster).
Each winning project will win a bespoke trophy and the project will be showcased in the Irish media.
The winning entries in each of the five locations will in turn be eligible for consideration for the overall national Placemaking award, the prize for which will be a contribution of €5,000 towards the design of a bespoke piece of sculpture, art or community project for the benefit of the local community in which the winning project is based.
About The Urban Land Institute
The Urban Land Institute is the largest network of cross-disciplinary real estate and land use experts in the world. Our members are dedicated to sharing expertise and setting standards of excellence in development practice.
ULI provides leadership in the responsible use of land and in creating and sustaining thriving communities worldwide. For more please visit: ireland.uli.org
CBRE U.C., (CBRE Ireland) is Ireland’s largest commercial real estate services company with offices in Dublin and Cork. We work with occupiers, investors and developers of office, industrial and logistic, retail, hotel and healthcare property, providing strategic advice and execution for property sales and leasing; tenant representation, corporate services; property and project management; appraisal and valuation; development services; investment management and debt advisory; business rates and compulsory purchase and research and consulting.